NOTICE: Students are NOT being accepted at this time. Thank you.
“Teaching beginners is the most rewarding for me”, Glen says, “It gives me an opportunity to offer the great gift of drumming, and watch the student transition from a raw beginner to an accomplished musician.”
Fun is one of the most important elements in Glen’s teaching style:
“ If it’s not fun”, says Glen, “then it’s work… and you’ve probably already got a job!”
But there has to be progress before fun. Progress IS fun. And, Glen is with you, every step of the way, guiding you to reach your goal of musicianship.
Whether you are a retiree, a young learner (accompanying parents are welcome), a modest hobbyist, a wild rocker needing some finesse, or a serious student seeking to progress to a highly technical level of musicianship, Glen’s eclectic experience can take you where you want to go (even if it’s just to have a bit of fun 🙂 )
WHAT I TEACH:
- Playing the drumset (rhythms and grooves)
- Rudiments (like scales to a pianist, this stuff is priceless)
- Independence (How DO you get 4 limbs doing different things!?)
- Reading (drum charts – this is good stuff, and your drumming will soar. I’ll show you how… easy).
- Creativity (flashy, cross-sticking, cool stuff)
- Soloing (how to pull off an awesome drum solo).
- And… anything else you want to learn. Really.
LEARN IN YOUR STUDIO, or mine:
Learning drums in your home, on your drums, is not only convenient, but also efficient. Every time you play on a different drumset, you need to adjust, calibrate your technique, and overcome the challenges of a new kit. Learning music is already challenging enough without the added impediment of learning a new kit. Stick to your own drumset, and take the fast lane.
Not setup in your home? No problem, we can use my facilities (Squamish, BC).
INFORMATION & RATES:
- LOCATION: If in your home, I travel to North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Vancouver, Squamish, and Whistler. (Note: Availability applies).
- DURATION: xx minute lesson
- RATES: $xx per lesson.
- WHEN: To be discussed.
- Call now as bookings are limited.
GROUP RHYTHM WORKSHOPS:
If you have a group, a choir, a class, or a band that might need to tighten up some rhythm skills, check out my GROUP RHYTHM WORKSHOPS.
RHYTHM is often the weak-point in a group, band, or choir. Musicians & Singers spend a lot of time on intonation, note selection, and harmony structures, but the component that holds everything together – the rhythm – is often secondary.
HOW IT WORKS: I’ll visit your rehearsal space and engage your group with an informative, fun, and richly productive session on rhythm. Exercises, Call/Answer patterns, and some Rhythm Theory (taught from the perspective of a pro-drummer) will all come together in an entertaining workshop.
WHAT YOU PROVIDE:
- Your venue (rehearsal space, classroom or similar)
- Your participants (choir or band members, students)
WHAT I PROVIDE:
- Drumset for rhythm demonstrations (electronic drums to control volume)
- Set List (written agenda for scope of workshop)
- Rhythm Sheets (to demonstrate & teach rhythmic notation)
- Education, and…
For more information on Glen Coard, Drummer & Rhythm Clinician, visit www.vancouverdrummer.com
Check out the Instagram Video clip (duration: 17 seconds). This video clip is demonstrating a “push” (accent on the 4+).
(Contact Us for Rates & Availability)
Beginners to Advanced Workshops; All sizes from a small group of 4 to an arena full!
Oh ya…fun sessions!
CONTACT ME: We can chat by phone or email and get a feel for your drumming & rhythm aspirations (however grand or humble), and answer any questions.